Interested in learning more about the workings of the State House and the Massachusetts Senate? Want to learn more about the legislative process? Apply to be in intern in Senator Lovely’s State House office.
Interns assist the Senator and staff with office tasks, constituent matters, research, and other tasks as necessary. Interns are seen as important members of the Senator’s team and work closely with the Senator and staff on important issues.
- Assist in the administration of the office and take part in answering the phones, filing, copying and other tasks as assigned;
- Draft constituent correspondence;
- Attend hearings, briefings, and other events in the State House on behalf of the office;
- Attend legislative sessions to observe and support the Senator;
- Conduct research on matters of interest to the Senator and staff;
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Senator and staff;
- Meet deadlines as set by the Senator, Chief of Staff, and other staff;
- Meet attendance requirements as established by the internship agreements; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Eagerness to learn;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others; and
- Knowledge of office computer applications.
For more information or to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.